How do I visit from SFO Airport?

Home Forums Ride Shares How do I visit from SFO Airport?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tareq Hasan
    Participant

Hello,

First timer here. Going to WCSF from Bangladesh through the travel assistance program. It’s also first time in the US, so not sure how to navigate. How would I reach The Phoenix Hotel in 601 Eddy Street from SFO?

Any help will appreciated πŸ™‚

You can take a Taxi or Uber, but also the BART runs to Civic Center/UN Plaza and it’s a 10 min walk from that station. The Pittsburg/Bay Point – SFIA/Millbrae line (Yellow line) will get you right there and costs about $9

Tareq Hasan
    Participant

Thanks for reply.

I’ll have some luggage, so skipping the walking part. So I guess I’ll have to take a taxi or Uber? Which one will be the cheapest? Since I don’t have a phone number, may be I won’t be able to use Uber yet? Estimated cost?

Thanks Mika.

thenbrent
    Participant

@tareq Uber will be cheaper (around $25-35 including tip vs. $45-55 plus tip for a taxi).

Ordering an Uber requires mobile data (using the Uber app), but SFO has free wifi, so you could use it with that.

What day/time is your flight getting in?

Tareq Hasan
    Participant

If everything is right, my flight should land on 24th Oct, 12:40pm

Kim Parsell
    Participant

@tareq: You could also take a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I checked the price on GO Lorrie’s Shuttle shared van service for a round trip reservation (SFO/Phoenix on 10/24, Phoenix/SFO on 10/30), and it would be $32 total. Much cheaper than Uber or a taxi, and they’ll drop you right at the hotel.

You can make the reservation online, and print your tickets before you leave home.

Tareq Hasan
    Participant

Ah, this sounds awesome. Thanks Kim πŸ˜€

Kim Parsell
    Participant

You’re most welcome. Have a safe trip, and I’ll see you there! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Ride Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

October 25-26, 2014