Plugin Spotlights / Features / Promotions

Home Forums Community Summit Discussion Topics Plugin Spotlights / Features / Promotions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nirav Mehta
    Participant

There are tons of great plugins in the repository (and a greater lot of bad ones…)

The good ones deserve to be promoted. Possibly with spotlights / featured positions. Reviews would do well too. When this is accessed from with WP plugins dashboard, it will create even better “app store like” experience for end users.

Most developers won’t have great design resources (or skills). So some efforts from WP side will go a long way…

David Wolfpaw
    Participant

I agree that this can be useful, but to an extent. There will be people who will suggest favoritism (and there would probably be some), and it could entrench people and prohibit future experimentation.

I would instead suggest that we flip this around a bit to find ways to demote older plugins than promote specific ones. For instance making the two year old notice more prominent, making a one year old notice, or making it more clear as to what an old plugin means.

Helen Hou-Sandi
    Participant

I think we could probably have an interesting discussion about what the future of plugin recommendations are in core, less sure about on the .org site. We’ve had a few chats here and there about it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Community Summit Discussion Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

October 25-26, 2014