Promoting best practices for Plugin/Theme developers

Home Forums Community Summit Discussion Topics Promoting best practices for Plugin/Theme developers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh Koenig
    Participant

I’d love to have some discussion on how to do more to promote “good” Plugin/Theme development, especially for people building custom sites with WordPress. We see stuff across the spectrum on our platform, and anything we can do to help raise the game overall would be a universal win.

Kim Parsell
    Participant

The Docs team is working on both a Plugin Developer Handbook and a Theme Developer Handbook which will be part of developer.wordpress.org. Both handbooks promote best practices.

There are probably other ways that we can help plugin/theme developers, so this would be a good discussion to have.

Stephen Cronin
    Participant

This is a discussion I’d like to be involved in (although there are others I’d like to be involved in too!).

I’m the Quality Team Leader for ThemeForest and CodeCanyon and this is something I think about all day long! Obviously I think about it the context of those marketplaces, but I’m passionate about this topic and would love to talk about it in general as well.

Nowell VanHoesen
    Participant

+1

Edward Caissie
    Participant

I would be interested in this as well, especially since it would tie well into the WordPress Theme Review Team’s efforts to help ensure all themes being submitted for review are following best practices.

Patrick Rauland
    Participant

+1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Community Summit Discussion Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

October 25-26, 2014