Reducing law & tax issues for WordCamp Organizer

Home Forums Community Summit Discussion Topics Reducing law & tax issues for WordCamp Organizer

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Birgit Olzem
    Participant

As is the case with the German VAT at WordCamps in Germany. For one, if the Foundation is the organizer or if the financing is at your own risk with us.

Currently looks CampTix (the plugin for the registration process) no tax or a real invoice before or has it somehow and it would all organizers take enormous pressure off your shoulders when this is once cleared by lawyers who are familiar with it.

In fact, we were in the first case, so only the performers and the Foundation is the organizer. But if the sales tax does not need to be paid, simply because the operators abroad is, I doubt it. Even otherwise, it’s all very gray area. The button solution actually also requires other button names, etc. – the whole CampTix operation should be checked once legally. Perhaps even more of a German lawyer, paid by the Foundation? Not an easy topic, but that’s just for WordCamp-organization team is always a touchy subject.

Topic suggested by Torsten Landsiedel

Jen

This is very specific to the WC ticketing plugin, so let’s just talk about this during the team meetup rather than blocking an hour of people from all the contrib teams. I’ll see if I can get the Automattic lawyer to come over to talk with us since he’s local.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Community Summit Discussion Topics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

October 25-26, 2014