Sunday Morning Dim Sum with Jan

Home Forums Pre- or Post-WCSF get togethers Sunday Morning Dim Sum with Jan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Pressler
    Participant

Jan Dembowski wants to have some Dim Sum Sunday Morning. I’m down for that. Who else is?

Jan needs help finding a place though.

I googled it for him, but with some many options… who knows!?!

Anyone local know of a favorite?

Matt Mullenweg – I hear you’re kind of a foodie – give us a #protip here!!

It needs to be close to Mission Bay. Other than being yummy, that’s the only requirement!

Ok Jan, I’ve helped you determine the date, I’ve searched the area for you, and I’ve started a forum. You really gotta get on the ball with this though. Or you’ll be scrounging for coffee and a bagel Sunday morning.. LOL πŸ™‚

ccarfi
    Participant

Yank Sing at Rincon is consistently solid.

Aaron Hockley
    Participant

I’m interested in joining but can’t be of help with location suggestions.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Aaron Hockley.
    thenbrent
    Participant

My personal favourite is Great Eastern. But they don’t start until 10am and aren’t that close to Mission Bay (they’re in China Town).

Sarah Pressler
    Participant

So Jan has said that the Yank Sing location will work. I have to work all day at WordCamp on Sunday & need to be at the venue by 830am or something, so I don’t even know why **I** said I could do a Sunday morning dim sum event! BUT I WISH I COULD!!!

Yank Sing doesn’t open till 10 or 11am?

Jan and crew – whoever is going – should probably DM via Twitter or Skype and get their plans together! πŸ™‚

Jan Dembowski
    Participant

I really want to do this and visiting Chinatown is always fun. I’m attending Monday’s Community Summit but don’t know the time it starts yet.

In NYC I like to have dim sum ~10-10:30 which is early but I think that’ll work in SF too…

Jan Dembowski
    Participant

Looks like dim sum in the morning is not really doable. The Community Summit will start at 8:30 AM (early starts are good).

Anyone interested in Sunday night dinner in Chinatown after 6 PM? It’s not the same as dim sum but I think it will be fun. πŸ˜‰

Aaron Hockley
    Participant

I’ll have to back out as I’ll be attending the speaker dinner that night, but feel free to enjoy dinner without me πŸ™‚

Sarah Pressler
    Participant

Speaker dinner is Sunday night? Oh… I guess that makes sense. Wait. Aaron. When is our photowalk?! πŸ™‚

Jan Dembowski
    Participant

Or Monday night dinner after the Community Summit?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Pre- or Post-WCSF get togethers’ is closed to new topics and replies.

October 25-26, 2014